Does the new Update Manager in Ubuntu pop up more frequently than you’d like? If so, there is a simple solution to the problem.
- Start with original image – $img
- Copy that image to a png – $copy
- Create a mask png image of the area you want in the circle/ellipse (a ‘magicpink’ image with a black shape on it, with black set to the colour of alpha transparency) – $mask
- Copy $mask over the top of $copy maintaining the Alpha transparency
- Change what you need to on $copy
- Copy $copy back over $img maintaining the Alpha transparency
I’m looking at buying a VPS through Linode as soon as my job situation stabilizes. Not really looking forward to porting my entire catalogue of sites, but the fact I am working at taking...
As a developer/designer I spend far too much time trying to reconcile the differences between the Firefox and IE rendering engines. I’ve picked up a few habits that make it less painful, but until...
Well, I’ve been using Ubuntu 7.10 (64-bit) at work for almost a month now. Even though I was already pretty experienced with Ubuntu before this, I have learned a lot since installing it as...